Welcome to the website of Léopold Cuberdons (hereafter referred to as ‘the site’) owned by Confiserie Léopold sprl.
Unless otherwise specified in writing, the relationship between the site and its users is governed by these terms and conditions, which are deemed to have been accepted by the user, even though they may be contrary to its own general or specific conditions. These terms and conditions are available in different languages on the website.
The terms and conditions govern the contractual relationship security and transactions between the user and Confiserie Léopold sprl. When the user visits the site, it is accepted that he has read and accepted the terms and conditions. The foregoing shall apply regardless of whether the site is consulted inside or outside Belgium. If additional services are used at the site, we will provide additional conditions and these also form part of the terms and conditions.
Current conditions may be modified at any time without notice. Any purchase after amendment obliges customer acceptance of the new conditions.
The terms may be supplemented by other conditions. In case of conflict, the present general conditions shall prevail.
The terms used in these conditions are as defined in Article 15 of the general conditions.
Information on products and pricing, as well as detailed information that the user provides for an order are established and communicated subject to change and correction. Adaptations of content are regularly made without prior explicit warning. The site attempts to provide correct information concerning the best product available and reflect the exact colour of products. The weight, size and volume of products, however, are approximations and it is not guaranteed that each screen provides the same colour, or that the colour, upon receipt of the product, has not changed.
All prices are listed on the site. In case of delivery in the EC, the prices are listed including VAT and excluding shipping. In case of delivery outside the EC, customs fees and taxes are possible, but are always clearly indicated. If the price is incorrect, or if the shipping charged is incorrectly listed, you will be informed as soon as possible. In this case, you may cancel your order for free.
All users aged 18 years or over may order from the site. The control procedure comprises:
- Choose your product and add it to your ‘shopping cart’;
- Choose a delivery method;
- Specify the delivery address;
- Enter the billing address along with payment information;
- You will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions;
- You will be offered the opportunity to review the summary of your order.
After completing your order, you will receive an email from Confiserie Léopold sprl in which the receipt of your order is confirmed. If you are paying with a credit card, you will also receive an email indicating the status of your payment. Once the goods are sent, you will also receive a notification. All orders are dependent on any fluctuations in stock. In case of unexpected stock shortages, we will inform you and we reserve the right to cancel reservations for an order.
Notwithstanding section 1583 C. Civ., Confiserie Léopold sprl retains ownership of the goods until the date of full payment of the price and any default interest and /or compensation.
Contract of sale
A ‘sale’ is the online purchase of an item delivered to your home. Payment is made in advance. The purchase takes place at this time. The order is dispatched upon receipt of payment. The site reserves the right to refuse orders in the following cases:
- Abuse of law or bad faith on the part of the client;
- The unavailability of an article;
- A determination of an invalid tender;
- In case of force majeure.
The products are delivered only to countries to which Confiserie Léopold sprl allows delivery. Delivery will take place to the extent possible within the time that is provided in the individual order confirmation. Any delay will not render Confiserie Léopold sprl liable to damages. Delivery addresses provided incorrectly are the responsibility of the user and may cause additional costs to be recovered from the user. Almost all goods are sent from the site. If your order is not delivered on time you can always contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your customer number or order. If, due to exceptional circumstances, we are unable to ship your order within 30 days from the order confirmation email, you can cancel the order without charge and a refund will be guaranteed. Sending is always carried out via a professional courier. A signature will always be required upon receipt of goods. You agree that the shipment may be issued to a person other than the applicant, if it is the address specified by you. If nobody is present at the delivery, you will be asked to set a new appointment for a second delivery. In some countries or regions, we will deliver the goods to a pick-up point. This can be indicated by phone or a card left in the mailbox.
Defective product or wrong delivery
You are required to immediately inspect the products upon receipt. If you believe that delivery is not consistent with the application, do not sign the delivery and/or report the problem clearly to the courier. In all cases, you must inform us of the problem within 24 hours, stating your order number, at the following address: email@example.com. If the fault is a manufacturing fault or if Confiserie Léopold sprl has delivered incorrect goods, the site will pay the cost of returning the goods.
The consumer has the right to notify the seller that he renounces purchase without penalty and without giving any reason, within 14 calendar days from the day following the day of delivery. In cases where the consumer exercises this option, he must return the goods to Confiserie Léopold sprl at his own risk and expense. Goods that have been specifically designed for the user and/or which may quickly spoil (such as, but not restricted to : chocolates, flowers, sweets etc) will not be accepted and the user may use the waiver. The returned goods will only be accepted by Confiserie Léopold sprl provided that items have not been used.
For a return, you must follow the following procedure:
- Step 1: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the order number. We will notify you by return e-mail of our instructions. Referral fees detailed in this email are at your expense.
- Step 2: Pack the goods and send only the property not used in the original packaging complete with original tags, accessories, instructions and proof of warranty. The original packaging is used to prevent damage during the return of the goods.
- Step 3: Print your ticket and affix it to the package. The label will contain all the information received (data, our shipping address, the name of the courier).
- Step 4: Should you have any questions after step 3, do not hesitate to contact us. If you do not have questions, you must send back the goods within 14 working days of delivery.
- Step 5: If the goods reach us in good condition, you will be refunded within 30 days. If the goods arrive incomplete or damaged, we will inform you.
Limitation of Liability
Use of site: Confiserie Léopold sprl is not responsible for breach of any product or its access, computer system failings from viruses or other inconveniences that may arise from the use of this site (including, but not limited to, ‘missed profits’).
- Legal warranty: A warranty of two years applies to consumers. This warranty covers only a lack of conformity which exists at the delivery of the goods. During the aforementioned period, the seller undertakes to replace or repair the product free of charge (or spare parts) defective (se). The seller reserves the right to exchange the item if the costs are out of proportion or if repair is not possible. Defects that occur after a period of six months after delivery are not considered to be present at the time of delivery, unless proved otherwise by the customer.
- Warranty conditions: In order to appeal to a guarantee, the customer must present proof of purchase or invoice. The warranty is not transferable. Any defects must be reported within two months after discovery of the defect.
- Exclusions: The guarantee is not applicable on defects caused by accidents, deterioration by neglect, falls, use of the article contrary to the purpose for which the product was designed, non-observance of operating instructions or manual, adjustments or modifications to the device, forced use, faulty installation, improper maintenance, improper use, commercial or incorrect. It also does not apply to items with a shorter life (eg batteries, wear items or items with a shorter maturity date) or in case of intervention by a third party that has not been designated by the Seller. Use of property: Confiserie Léopold sprl is not responsible for loss or damage or other damage of any nature whatsoever that the user or third parties may incur in the use of property. Deliveries and other exclusions: Confiserie Léopold sprl cannot be held responsible for failure to meet deadlines, given that all deadlines are indicative in nature and do not contain any firm obligation on the part of J&S sprl or for any other damage that may result from its fault or negligence, even in cases of serious misconduct. Any damage or other damage that could not be foreseen by the parties during the contract of sale is excluded from compensation. The total liability of the site will in no event exceed the purchase price of the product in question.
Reference to other websites and use of the material on the site
Reference to another website via our website is for information purposes only. The information contained on the site may only be used with the express permission of Confiserie Léopold sprl. It is forbidden to modify, reproduce, download, distribute, sell or use and/or commercially share services, the pages of the site, or computer codes pertaining to the site. The information and advertisements that are transmitted through the site may be used without commitment and without compensation by Confiserie Léopold sprl.
Cessation of activities
Annulment by Confiserie Léopold sprl of the contract of sale is always possible, without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
« Cuberdons Léopold » is a registered brand, full property of David Decroix and exploited by Confiserie Léopold sprl. Based on these rights, it is forbidden to modify, copy, distribute, sell, reproduce or publish any information or materials found on the site and to use it in derivative works. This is with the exception of the following: Content may be downloaded and a copy made for purely personal, non-commercial use provided that you use the content of the material, which is the subject of intellectual property rights, in its original state. Copying or saving any content outside of personal, non-commercial use is not permitted.
All designs, trademarks, illustrations, images or emblems that appear on our site or our products, accessories or packaging, are and remain the exclusive property of Confiserie Léopold sprl. Reproduction, full or partial, for any reason or for any purpose whatsoever, is strictly prohibited. Similarly, the use of any combination with another drawing, symbol, emblem or other logo is prohibited.
Technology is managed by the Site is the exclusive property.
The user has all rights to view and correct data and has the right to prevent its use for the purpose of direct marketing. For more information, the user is asked to contact the public register kept by the Commission for the Protection of Privacy in Brussels.
Under these terms the concepts listed below are defined as follows:
- Terms and Conditions: These conditions and all its annexes and supplements;
- Order: The result of the ordering process as described in Article 4 of the General Conditions. After receiving payment, the order becomes a sale;
- Confiserie Léopold sprl: Company having its registered office at 7850 Enghien, Rue du chateau,25, and registered under VAT number BE 0500 922 252
- User: A user of this website, especially someone who, by typing the address of the website or by following a link on this web site comes and uses the website for informational purposes or to place an order;
- Ogone: The payment processing company, Ogone, private limited liability company having its registered office at Avenue de Tervuren 270, 1150 Brussels and registered with the RPM Brussels under number 0459,360,623;
- Site: A collection of linked pages grouped under the universal web address www.confiserieleopold.com. The site provides statistical information, interactive communication with multimedia applications and opportunities for the purchase of products.
- Sale: Online purchase of an item delivered to your home. Payment is made in advance. The sale takes place at the time of receipt of payment.
Disputes with respect to the validity, interpretation or execution of the contract or the current General Conditions are governed exclusively by Belgian law and belong to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Brussels, subject to the right of the consumer to refer the dispute to the competent court on the basis of a mandatory legal provision. All parties agree their dealings via electronic evidence (eg e-mail, backups). If any of these clauses should be declared invalid or should not be applicable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless remain in full force and this condition shall apply to the extent permitted by law.
This agreement supersedes all previous agreements with the user. For any questions, comments or technical problems with the site, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com.
These terms and conditions were last updated on August 28, 2015.