TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Welcome to the website of Léopold Cuberdons (hereafter referred to as ‘the site’) owned by Confiserie Léopold sprl.
Unless otherwise specified in writing, the relationship between the site and its users is governed by these terms and conditions, which are deemed to have been accepted by the user, even if they conflict with its own general or specific conditions. These terms and conditions are available in different languages on the website.
The terms and conditions govern the security of the contractual relationship and transactions between the user and Confiserie Léopold sprl. In visiting the site, the user confirms he has read and accepted the terms and conditions. The foregoing shall apply regardless of whether the site is consulted inside or outside Belgium. If additional services are used at the site, we will provide additional conditions and these also form part of the terms and conditions.
Current conditions may be modified at any time without notice. Any purchase after amendment implies the customer’s acceptance of the new conditions.
The terms may be supplemented by other conditions. In case of conflict, the present general conditions shall prevail.
The terms used in these conditions are as defined in Article 15 of the general conditions.
Accuracy of the information provided
Information on products and pricing, as well as the detailed information in the online shop, is subject to change and correction. Content is changed regularly without explicit prior notice. The site makes every effort to provide correct information about the products and reflect the exact colour of products. The weight, size and volume of products, however, are approximate and it cannot be guaranteed that all screens will show the same colour, or that the colour of the product is identical on receipt of the order.
All prices are listed on the site. For delivery in the EC, the prices listed include VAT and exclude shipping. For delivery outside the EC, customs fees and taxes may apply, but are always clearly indicated. If the price or shipping charges stated are incorrect, you will be informed as soon as possible and may cancel your order free of charge.
Anyone aged 18 or over may order from the site. The process is as follows:
- Choose your product and add it to your ‘shopping cart’;
- Choose a delivery method;
- Specify the delivery address;
- Enter the billing address along with payment information;
- You will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions;
- You will be offered the opportunity to review your order summary
After completing your order, you will receive an email from Confiserie Léopold sprl confirming receipt of your order. If you pay with a credit card, you will also receive an email indicating the status of your payment. You will also be notified once the goods have been despatched. All orders are subject to availability. Should we unexpectedly run out of stock, we will inform you and we reserve the right to cancel orders booked.
Notwithstanding section 1583 C. Civ., Confiserie Léopold sprl retains ownership of the goods sold until it receives payment in full and the payment of default interest and /or compensation, where applicable.
Contract of sale
A ‘sale’ is the online purchase of an item delivered to your home. Payment is made in advance. The purchase takes place at this time. The order is dispatched upon receipt of payment. The site reserves the right to refuse orders:
- in the event of abuse of rights or if the client is acting in bad faith;
- if a product is not available;
- if it is ascertained that the offer is not valid;
- in cases of force majeure.
Products can only be delivered to countries to which Confiserie Léopold sprl permits delivery. Delivery will wherever possible be made within the period stated in the individual order confirmation. No compensation will be payable for delays. If an incorrect delivery address is provided, the user will be held responsible and may have to pay additional costs. Almost all goods are sent from the site. If your order is not delivered on time, contact us on email@example.com quoting your customer number or order number. If, due to exceptional circumstances, we are unable to ship your order within 30 days from the order confirmation email, you can cancel the order without charge and a refund will be guaranteed. Our orders are always shipped via a professional courier company. A signature will always be required upon receipt of goods. You agree that the delivery may be made to a person other than yourself if that person is at the address you specified. If nobody is present at the time of delivery, you will be asked to arrange a time for a second delivery. In some countries or regions, we will deliver the goods to a pick-up point. You will be notified by phone or a card in your mailbox.
Faulty product or incorrect order
You must check your order as soon as you receive it. If you believe you have not received the products you ordered, do not sign the delivery note and/or state the problem clearly on the courier’s delivery slip. In all cases, you must inform us of the problem by email within 24 hours, stating your order number, to the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org . If the problem is a manufacturing defect or if Confiserie Léopold sprl has delivered the wrong products, the site will pay the cost of returning the goods.
The consumer has the right to notify the seller that he wishes to return
the goods, without penalty and without stating the reason, within 14 calendar
days from the day following the day of delivery. Should the consumer exercise
this right, he must return the goods to Confiserie Léopold sprl at his own risk
and expense. Goods which have been customised for the user and/or which may
quickly spoil (such as, but not restricted to: chocolates, flowers, sweets etc)
will not be taken back and the user may not invoke the return clause.
Confiserie Léopold sprl can only accept goods returned if they have not been
The return procedure is as follows:
- Step 1 : Email email@example.com quoting the order number. We will send you instructions by return e-mail. You are responsible for paying the return cost stated in the email.
- Step 2 : Repackage any unused products in the original packaging complete with original tags, accessories, instructions and proof of warranty. The original packaging will prevent damage during the return of the goods.
- Step 3 : Print the return label and affix it to the package. The label will contain all the information needed for a trouble-free return (your details, our delivery address, the name of the courier).
- Step 4 : Should you have any questions after step 3, do not hesitate to contact us. Otherwise, you must return the goods within 14 working days of delivery.
- Step 5 : If the goods reach us in good condition, you will be refunded within 30 days. If the goods arrive incomplete or damaged, we will inform you.
Limitation of Liability
Use of site: Confiserie Léopold sprl cannot be held not responsible should availability of, or access to, its products be interrupted due to a computer failure, viruses or other obstacles the user may encounter when using this site (including, but not limited to, ‘loss of profit’).
- Legal warranty : The consumer has a two-year warranty. This warranty is only valid for goods found to be non-compliant at the time of delivery. During the aforementioned two-year period, the seller undertakes to replace or repair the defective product (or spare parts) free of charge. The seller reserves the right to exchange the item if the cost of repair is excessive or repair is not possible. Defects which occur six months or later after delivery are not considered to be present at the time of delivery, unless proved otherwise by the customer.
- Warranty conditions : To claim the warranty, the customer must present proof of purchase or an invoice. The warranty is not transferable. Any defects must be reported within two months of discovery.
- Exclusions : The guarantee does not cover accidental damage, deterioration due to neglect or dropping, use of the product for purposes other than that for which it was designed, failure to comply with the operating instructions or manual, adjustments or modifications to the device, enforced use, faulty installation, improper maintenance, improper, commercial or incorrect use. Neither does it cover items with a short lifespan (e.g. batteries, consumables or items with a shorter expiry date) or intervention by a third party that has not been appointed by the Seller. Use of goods: Confiserie Léopold sprl cannot be held responsible for material loss or damage, or other damage of any nature whatsoever, incurred by the user or third parties when using its goods. Deliveries and other exclusions: Confiserie Léopold sprl cannot be held responsible for failure to meet delivery dates, given that these are given for information only and do not contain any firm obligation on the part of Confiserie Léopold sprl, or for any other damage that may result from its fault or negligence, even serious misconduct. No compensation will be payable for any breakage or other damage which could not be foreseen by one of the parties when entering the contract of sale. Under no circumstances can the site’s the total liability exceed the purchase price of the product in question.
Links to other websites and user of the material on the site
Any links to another website from our website are for information only. The information contained on the site may only be used with the express permission of Confiserie Léopold sprl. It is forbidden to modify, reproduce, download, distribute, sell or use and/or share for commercial purposes the website’s services, pages or codes. Confiserie Léopold sprl reserves the right to use, without commitment or compensation, any information or suggestions it receives via the website.
Cessation of activities
Confiserie Léopold sprl may cancel the contract of sale at any time without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
”Cuberdons Léopold” is a registered trademark owned fully and exclusively by David Decroix and exploited by Confiserie Léopold sprl. Based on these rights, it is not permitted to modify, copy, distribute, sell, reproduce or publish any information or materials found on the site or to use them in derivative works. The following exceptions apply: content may be downloaded and a copy made for purely personal, non-commercial use provided that the content of the material covered by intellectual property rights is used in its original state. Copying or saving any content for use that is not personal or non-commercial is not permitted.
All designs, trademarks, illustrations, images or emblems that appear on our site or our products, accessories or packaging, are and remain the exclusive property of Confiserie Léopold sprl. Reproduction, full or partial, for any reason or for any purpose whatsoever, is strictly prohibited. Similarly, combining them with another drawing, symbol, emblem or other logo not permitted.
The technology is managed by the Site and remains the exclusive property of the site.
The user has the right to view and correct the information held about him and to oppose, without charge, its use for direct marketing purposes. Users can obtain more information from the public register held by the Commission for the Protection of Privacy in Brussels.
Within the context of these general terms and conditions, the concepts listed below are defined as follows:
- General Terms of Sale: These conditions and all appendices and additions thereto;
- Order : The result of the ordering process as described in Article 4 of the General Conditions. Once payment is received, the order becomes a sale;
- Confiserie Léopold sprl : Company having its registered office at Rue du chateau,25, 7850 Enghien, and registered under VAT number BE 0500 922 252
- User : un utilisateur de ce site web, en particulier quelqu'un qui, en tapant l'adresse de ce site web ou en suivant un lien, arrive sur ce site web et utilise le site web à des fins informatives ou afin de passer une commande ;
- Ogone : The payment processing company, Ogone, private limited liability company having its registered office at Avenue de Tervuren 270, 1150 Brussels and registered with the RPM Brussels under number0459.360.623
- Site : A series of pages grouped together under the global web address www.confiserieleopold.com. The site may serve several purposes, including providing statistical information, interactive communication via multimedia applications and the purchase of products.
- Sale : Online purchase of an item delivered to your home. Payment is made in advance. The sale takes place at the time of receipt of payment.
Disputes relating to the validity, interpretation or execution of the contract or the current General Conditions are governed exclusively by Belgian law and will fall within the sole competence of the courts of Brussels, subject to the right of the consumer to refer the dispute to the competent court on the basis of a mandatory legal provision. In their dealings, all parties will accept electronic proof (e.g. e-mail, backups). Should any one of these clauses be declared null and void or not be applicable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless remain in full force and this condition shall apply insofar as is permitted by law.
This agreement supersedes all previous agreements with the user. For any questions, comments or technical problems relating to the site, please contact us at the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
These terms and conditions were last updated on August 28, 2015.